Wednesday, September 10, 2008

1 Sheet Box Challenge

Time passes very fast and 2 weeks was gone. This week challenge at 3-D Design Challenge is to make anything 3-D with 1 sheet of paper 81/2"x11".













I don't want to miss this week challenge and this is my take for it. It is a birthday gift box. Ths size of the box is very suitable for a watch present or small treats for young children. I had fun doing it and really want to thanks those ladies from 3-D:)


Yippee......I have something I need to share with everyone.......There was great joy and celebration on the last day of August 2008 (It was a Sunday). My husband's maternal grandmother had finally taken a step of faith and proclaimed to everybody that she is a christian by going through water baptism. It was held at Living Sanctuary Brethren Church. It is really a miracle because for 80 years she had been a diligent taoist....for her to become a christian is really through much prayers and supplications of our aunties (Auntie Grace, Auntie June, Auntie Siew Hua), uncle Hwa Beng and my mother in law. GOD HEARS PRAYERS, so continue to PRAY. This is to remind me that I have to keep praying for my parents, siblings and friends. In God's perfect timing, they will come to know Jesus.





Pastor Jane sprinkle water on grandma's head as symbol for water baptism due to her age and health condition.























All who are baptised on that day




Grandma photo taken with daughters, son in laws,grandchildren, great grandchildren and her domestic helper (wearing red shirt, on the right side of the photo)
This is God's Blessings :)

4 comments:

Annette said...

Your birthday box is absolutely adorable! Also, congratulations on your husband's grandmother's baptism!

Jens Place in Space said...

I love your box, and what a awesome thing with your grandma! It just shows its never to late doesnt it. There's always hope!

chloe said...

How cute! Love your take on the challenge!

thescrapmaster said...

This is so cute!

~Samantha