Friday, August 15, 2008

This is a new beginning

Today is a new beginning for me because I started my very own blog. I am someone who is not good with words and I hope that this blogging will help me to pen down different experiences and emotions that I encounter in my everyday life.

I am a homemaker with 2 great kids, my daughter - Gilliah 9yrs this November and my son - Joen 7yrs this October. Gilliah is Primary 3 and she attends the morning sessions while Joen is Primary 1 and he attends the afternoon sessions. Both of them attend Chong Zheng Primary School.

My everyday routine - wake up about 5.30 am, get my daughter ready before 7 am and send to school. Then, I will go to market to buy all the necessary groceries for a day or two. By 7.40 am, I must be home so that my husband can go to work. At about 9 am I will assist my son with his school work and in between doing my house chores and preparing for lunch. Busy,busy, busy....... until 11.45 am get my son ready for school. Then at 1.25pm here I go again.....back to school to fetch my daughter home. The rest of the afternoon will be coaching my daughter in her school work and continue my chores and chores........ never ending chores. At about 5 pm, I start to prepare for dinner, get it done by 6.15 pm and fetch my son from school.

By about 7 to 7.15 pm, my DH will be home and we will sit down for dinner. We will chat what happen during the day over our dinner. After dinner, clearing table, washing dishes and wiping up the tabletop and I am done at the kitchen. By then my energy has almost been depleted.

Now is the time for me to relax.....into my computer table where I scrap or browse my magazines. This helps me to unwind from a routine day.

I started scrapbooking after I accidentally bumped into Made With Love. It sells many different patterned papers and embellishments which I have never seen it anywhere in Singapore. It displayed albums of beautiful layouts which captivate my soul and spirit. I was never a art person but since scrapbooking I have learnt to appreciate and interested in ART. Everyday, I am learning and hope to put it to good use. That is it for today.... will continue again tomorrow.

No comments: